Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Unspoken and Unheard

 I am sorry

These words are said so often

Almost worn thin

But never have I meant them more before


So much you could have been

A bundle of wonders, hopes and dreams

A lot of him, a little bit of me

Or maybe just a wholly new you


Maybe in a different time, a different world

Or maybe if I were as courageous as I always believed myself to be

Breaks my heart like I never knew possible

Every moment, every day


What words will make this okay? 

People are sharing love and support for me

But who will care for you? 

Because the one who was supposed to, turned away the first chance she got


Maybe it was never meant to be

What else can I tell myself? 

I will always carry a heart made heavier with grief

For a love I never knew but lost

No comments:

Post a Comment