Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Birthday !

It is my 16th. For some absurd reason, I can't believe it. I mean, when, and HOW, did I turn 16 ? Seems like yesterday, when I was 14. The punk, I-don't-give-a-damn 14-year old. When the gravest scandal in life was finding about a girl's boyfriend. When stupid things like polynomials used to take my breath away. When not beating a person to pulp, and letting him go away after a verbal war was the mature way of dealing with issues. When disobeying teachers and being friends with your seniors was THE coolest thing in the world. When your socks touched the ground and your skirts, well, they touched new heights. :P That's how it was ! How it was supposed to be.

Reminiscing it all, I find it rather funny. Back then, we were the most mature people on this wide planet, and knew what we were doing. But did we ? Is bringing CDs and cellphones to school the mature way? Or maybe bitching about your partner is.

*Sigh*

But you know what, I don't regret a thing I did/said. We need to experience every stage of our life, right ? Then I'm glad that I did. I'm glad I did those stupid, crazy things, because they made me realise that they WERE in fact stupid and crazy.

Anyway, back to turning 16. Throughout my life, I've seen some very astonishing incidents. Some made me happy, some sad. But they were important nonetheless.And now that I'm turning 16, I'm awed at how things have changed. And drastically at that. For starters, my friends would be going to different schools. This means there would be no break-time fun anymore. :( Then there's commerce. Everything is so different ! So very different.

However, turning 16 has got its perks too. A lot more freedom, responsibility and chances of having fun ! :D Yeah, cellphone too. :P

Ending this entry on a positive note, I'm ecstatic that I'm turning 16. It made me realise the importance of being 14. The significance of that part of my life. :)

6 comments: