Friday, April 30, 2010

Manisha's party and the Weird Fork




Okay, so it was Manisha Oswal's birthday. Sweet Sixteen !! Yay ! Imagine a scene where six super-excited 16 year olds, all dressed to kill ( themselves :P ) enter an OMG restaurant. For the ignorant souls, OMG restaurants are those which are ridiculously posh, have ridiculously high-priced dishes with ridiculously difficult and alien-ish names. Okay, so back to the scene. We meant to enter the restaurant with the Oh-we-are-SO-posh look, but it went sorta wrong. Okay, quite wrong. FINE, VERY wrong, now would you stop tormenting me ?! Hmph. Anyway, so, just when we were about to pull-off THE look and reach our table successfully, I whispered to myself, " Hmm, kuch zyada hi andhera nhi hai yahaan pe ? How are we supposed to read the menu card? ". I SWEAR I whispered. However, this annoyingly pretty girl sitting at the table right next to the door, downing drinks like it was the end of the world, overheard my conversation with, well, me. Not only this, she actually laughed AND gave me the are-you-for-real look. Evil Ms. Drinky.

Anyway, we finally made it to our table. Then there was this race in order to reach first. No, to be honest, it was so that we could get to sit on the couch. But alas ! Me and my two friends, Noor and Aaina, had to make do with the stupid chairs. To add on to our miseries, our table was placed on a slightly raised platform thingy. So everytime I pushed back my chair, I had this feeling that I would fall. Anyway, Manisha asked us to go through the list of dishes and order a snack. I pretended I was way too decent to actually order, when the truth was that it really WAS pretty dark to read. Or maybe I need glasses. Eew !

After fifteen minutes, our order arrived. Till that time, I didn't really pay attention to the plates and forks and knives kept before us. I mean, who pays attention towards such stuff ?! It's there. Fine. End of it.
Okay, so here goes the conversation :

Manisha : Meher, you've GOT to eat something ! Come on. It's my birthday.
Me: Don't the forks look a bit weird ? :\
Noor: Okay, so it's decided. Me, Meher and Malvi would be celebrating our birthdays together, keeping our schedules in mind. WE can't possibly attend three parties in nine days !
Me : I can. Come on !
Everyone : Tu vehli hai. Commerce kahin ki.
ME : :|
Aaina : Aye haye, it's got onions AND tomatoes. I'm SO not having these peanuts.
Khyati : Nautanki. They taste so good !
Me : Look, these forks are really very weird. Honest to God !
Manisha: They're alright, villager ! Kahaan se aayi hai ?!
ME : Ohhh, NOW I geddit. They aren't for people who eat with their left hand. They're for you boring people. The right handers.
EVERYONE : (After looking at each other and my smug expression)BWAHAHAHAHAHA ! Khassa ! What are you gonna do now ? Make use of your HANDS ? Bwahaha !


Believe you me, the forks WERE pretty weird. Stupid. Impractical. After struggling with mine for a good 15 minutes ( AND being laughed at ) , I finally gave up and asked for a normal fork. Yeah, that's what I said. " Could I have a NORMAL fork please? " while holding the weird fork in the waiter's face. Hmph. Crucify me ! Whatever. For me, the highlight of the lunch WAS the fork. IT was REALLY weird. How I wish I'd clicked a picture of it !

Oh, and yeah, we had awesome fun Manisha. And your renovated home, especially your room, is something I'd readily DIE for. :D

2 comments:

  1. OMG I loved it! Yey you! Amazing sense of humor btw :) I'll now go and read all the post from like... the beginning!

    PS-Kid! You look so hot in the first picture :)
    PPS- Where's the picture of the fork? *shakes head in disappointment*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thank you !

    PS : Thank You, Not-kid. :D
    PPS : Same here. :(

    ReplyDelete